10.29.2008

Welcome To My World



Hello everyone! I moved to the city of Chicago, IL from Green Bay, WI to go to Graduate School @ UIC for Biomedical Visualization about 3 months ago. So excited for this opportunity, I didn't think much about the transition that I would have to go through to adjust to living in the 3rd largest city in the US. I mean, how hard could it be? Would it really be that different?

Well to my surprise, I have come to realize in the past 3 months that irony and minute frustrations occur every single day in my life. I may complain about life, but I will be the first one to admit, mine is really not that bad...... it's just ANNOYING! Seriously, I can't count how many times I have JUST missed the bus because I can't cross the street, or when the EL's electricity shuts off and you can literally see the ramp of the stop you get off at right out your window but you can't get out and you sit there for 20 minutes. Yeah, silly situations like this and much more happens all the time! I hope readers will be able to relate to my real-life experiences and if they can't and you are one of those people that is so obnoxiously perfect (I hate you, but want to be like you) I hope you can laugh at me. I just have to keep on laughing to survive since my family told me it was the best medicine.

No comments: