So exciting! Biomedical Visualization at UIC was presented on the CBS 2 Chicago News this evening. Program Director, Scott Barrows and students Leslie White and Michaela Calhoun (with a cameo by Erin Stevens) were interviewed for the newscast. I think they did a great job showing what we do in our unique program. Props!
Furthermore, the newscasters seemed quite impressed with our unusual skill set, calling us "Renaissance men and women, like Leonardo da Vinci for this century". You can see a video of the newscast by CLICKING HERE or checking out the article HERE!
More news about our program and the people in it. Three Biomedical Visualization students, myself included, were selected as winners and finalists in UIC's 2010 "Image of Research" competition. Congrats to me, Lindsey Brake and Annie Campbell! Take a look HERE!
Hands off! to H1N1. Finalist in UIC's Image of Research. Lindsey Pionek. 2010. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
I have been pretty busy. My apologies for lack of posting recently. It's time to get back in the saddle and start again. As for today, here's a quick update with what I have been doing:
- Working on my project research so I can graduate this semester
- Freaking out a bit about graduation because I have a TON left to do
- Wishing that I didn't have a slump in the middle of the semester; I would be so much farther along
- Kicking butt in Illustrator and taking names
- Searching, applying, and researching jobs (Any advertising companies hiring creatives in Chicago?)
- Have a new portfolio domain name and built the website from scratch in 3 days (see screenshot at top)
- Became a Twitter freak (it's much faster than blog posts [though I do love blogging] and I have been learning much from individuals I am following (you can see a small feed on the right)
- Workin' it at my GA
- Found out for my 16 hours I work, I have to commute 8 additional hours (no wonder why I feel like I have no time. However, I love my apartment location)
- Started a running program
- Only to have it delayed by badly rolling my ankle 5 days after by missing a few steps (graceful, I know)
- Finally, after 2 weeks the bruising and swelling is almost gone
- Spent Easter with my cousin grilling out
- Bought my graduation dress, even though I haven't heard anything about buying robes
- Realized that tourists come out of the woodwork when its above 70F in Chicago
- Refusing to pay for heat anymore because it has been too expensive for my taste
- Sketched out a Dachshund (one of my dogs) and manually drew every bone in their little bodies for a project about canine Intervertebral Disk Disease
Lindsey Pionek Designs home page. Lindsey Pionek. 2010. Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and Dreamweaver.