10.29.2009

Tradgedy in the Loop


As I sit watching the news last night, which I rarely do, I heard about a delay of the Blue Line in the Loop because of a death of an individual by being struck by the incoming train during the early afternoon. Thinking it was such an unfortunate situation and how it happened, I was confused, but I left it at that. Today, I noticed many posts from some of my friends from undergrad on Facebook about a fallen friend. Wondering what exactly happened, I texted some friends while at work to find out. I wasn't expecting to hear what I did. After an answered call, I quickly realized I knew the individual who was killed. I was enveloped in a state of shock and was even more confused with the situation than the night before. Billy was in a fraternity which was really close with the sorority I was in in undergrad and every time I talked to him he was in a good mood, positive and energetic. It is very unfortunate to hear something like this so close to home in more than one way. Every time I pass the Monroe stop on the Blue Line, I will think of Billy.

An article on the accident.

Rest in peace buddy.

Photo courtesy of Jack via Facebook: Brothers: Jack and Billy. New Years 2008.

No comments: