1.27.2010

My First Animation


After a blogging hiatus (I'm sorry everyone who follows!), here it is. That final animation. That animation that owned me for the entire semester. I worked hard, I am satisfied where it is compared to the concept sketch process, and had many nights where I would render one portion of the animation overnight and wake up to a section of the animation just to set up another scene to render. My poor computer was angry at me the last three weeks of the semester. I could hear it huff and puff to put all of its effort in what I was doing at the time. I, too, was at my wit's end at the close of the semester. I had some embarrassing incidents because of lack of sleep where my body would not get out of bed even though I had to, I had some public transportation issues where the one El line that was the only one I could take just stopped functioning. Nonetheless, I survived. I not only survived, but my hard work through the semester was rewarded and I am happy with the grades I received, though I am VERY happy for that semester to be over.

So here's the animation. If you have not been following from previous blog posts it illustrates the mode of action of Botulinum Toxin Type A. To most people this term is not understood. In other words, this is how Botox works. Yes, Botox is botulinum toxin (the deadliest toxin known to man) in small doses. So there you have it, learn something and enjoy!

Video courtesy of youtube.com. Botulinum Toxin Type A Mode of Action. 2009. Lindsey Pionek. 3Ds Max, Adobe Soundbooth, After Effects and Premier.

No comments: