3.08.2009

It's Official


I am now a student member of AMI, the Association of Medical Illustrators. It's a big deal now in my head: I am an official student going through the process of being a certified medical illustrator. They provide you with this packet of stuff that is rather interesting to look at and helpful as well. It's still hard to believe I'm going through all of this; it is just flying by and I am learning so much.

I also kinda figured out what I am going to do for my thesis project, but I need to discuss the topic with professors to see if I'm getting ahead of myself or if it is time and complexity-appropriate. We will see soon enough! You will know about that when I formulate the subject more!

Today was quite a day which was full of equations with image resolution, display resolution, pixels, and all of that fun printing stuff. I felt a little silly because at first I could not for the life of me figure out how to calculate these equations. It has been so long since I have had to think about equations other than really basic math, but after walking away and thinking that I am idiot, it clicked. Phew, good thing because I thought I was losing it. I was also working on my graphic design projects and had to go and print a comp of my brochure (yay, more printing!) I felt a lot more confident going to Kinko's than I did in undergrad since I have had more experience and I knew what I was talking about instead of leaving it all in the employee's hands. Also, the guy was really nice and gave me my prints for free! I don't know why, but I won't complain. Now I just had to bring them back to my apartment through walking through the pouring rain, then on the El, and on a bus. Surprisingly, it all worked out with public transportation and the elements and I was able to get the prints home ink-running and crease-free! For that, I treated myself with Thai delivery. One of my roommates suggested Yummy Thai, located on Taylor street, and I'm glad she did... so good and cheap! I will be ordering from them again!

Photo courtesy of AMI.org AMI Medical Illustrator Source Book Cover

No comments: