3.23.2009

Oh Geez....Knees


Well, I apologize for last week and not posting. It was quite the week, but now since it is Spring Break I can catch up a bit. Well this is one of the things that kept my mind busy last week. These knees kept me busy for a couple of weeks and the texturing, though it was fun, it took a long time. A lot of people opted to use already-created texture photographs, which is fine, but I preferred to actually paint the texture maps in Photoshop from scratch. Although there is always room for improvements (which I will do later), I think it is pretty good for my first shot, as well as how busy and stressful this past week was. Not only was I down in the dumps, but there were other assignments to do as well, and work on top of that. Phew! Just another day in my life I guess.

However, there was only one knee, but we had two more concepts to create: the x-ray and that cartoony ink and paint. Meh, the ink and paint was ok, but it was neat to experiment with. My personal favorite is the x-ray rendition that I created. Though another 3D max material map was used, Photoshop was used for the finishing touches. Hmm, I may be starting to like Photoshop more!




Well, that's all I have for now! Check out the knees of a couple of my classmates: Annie, Heidi & Josy.

(Also, I would love to show you my illustration of a TAP block procedure, but I was asked by the anesthesiologist that I collaborated with to wait until his scientific article was published, which will be next month! I will be published at that time as well! You will know when that occurs, trust me.)

Realistic, X-ray, and Ink n' Paint renditions of the knee, Lindsey Pionek, 3Ds Max and Photoshop, Spring 2009.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, I am a med student in Chicago and I was looking at your blog...it's amazing! You are doing some great work with this stuff, plus, since I'm one of those huge science nerds, I think your images and designs are so cool! Fascinating stuff!

Way to go!

Stop by sometime (I haven't updated in a long time, life gets busy...oops!)

http://fromahouseonbrownave.wordpress.com/

Lindsey said...

Thanks Alan! Good luck with your studies as well, keep posted!

Alan said...

Lindsey,

I meant to ask you. Do you do any modeling of pathological cases, things like cardiac hypertrophy, atrial or ventricular septal defects? Just curious, I had open heart surgery for an ASD when I was little, so I just wondered if you did abnormal anatomy modeling.

And why does reality blow/life dysfunctional? Your last few posts while good, have seemed a bit down in the dumps...you alright? (you can feel free to email back, i attached my email to the link if you don't want to post all of it, if you feel like sharing it that is).

Take care,

Alan