5.09.2009

The End in More Than One Way


Well I have finished my first year at UIC for my Master's in Biomedical Visualization! Yay! That went extremely fast, but I'm glad it's over. This past week has just been crazy. Just like it is every semester, you think you have enough time to do everything but then all of a sudden BAM! It hits you on the side of the face when you don't see it coming. This semester was definitely the hardest when it came to the end. After re-dos, large projects, assistantship interviews and presentations I am finally able to sleep (images to come!). I'm not lying either. From Sunday to Wednesday, I slept for maybe 10 hours. Sunday I slept for 3, Monday I pulled an all-nighter with a few others, Tuesday I slept for 5 after our critique and then woke up to do my presentation PowerPoint that I got way into and stayed up until 4 doing it, then got up at 8. Wednesday night after presentations I went out to Duffy's with a friend to celebrate to check out the Spazmatics again. Didn't go to bed until 4, work up at 6:30 since she had to go to work, took public transportation home and then slept a bit. It was a good time and so worth it!

That night brought on another end. After a year and a half of ups and downs and goods and bads, I am done with my past relationship. It's unfortunate but it had to be done. We didn't talk for a week and it made me think about what was happening (well when I wasn't thinking about everything that needed to be completed.) It's unfortunate how it ended too in the way that when I called I was cut off with what I wanted to say, so I'm just going to say it here. He was a great guy, but we just couldn't make it work. We are two totally different people with different values and priorities and I wasn't one of his (or he made me feel that way). And I slowly but surely made him less of a priority because of this. Yes, I was angry and sometimes unfair, I will admit that, but it takes two to make things work, so I am not the only one at fault. There were many opportunities to improve, and they would initially, but then fade in a matter of weeks. I have went on this roller coaster too many times, and was starting to get sick. So that is that. He helped me learn about Chicago, helped me find my apartment here, and explored which was great. It's too bad the Hancock Observatory will never be the same but this too shall pass and I have learned from it and I will continue to find who will be good for me.

Too bad I couldn't find the actual illustrator's name for the image above. I would love to credit them, but Healthwise must have taken all the rights. Hope the illustrator was compensated!

Photo courtesy of Health.com. Illustration of taking a rectal temperature of an infant.

No comments: