5.20.2009

My Break Thus Far


Well back from Vegas and Bachelorette festivities.... it has been great having some time to enjoy myself as well as getting some much needed R&R. As you probably noticed, we did not have any free wi-fi like I thought we would have in Vegas and I was a tad too busy since I have been back in Wisconsin. Though not much of a gambler, I doubled my money and also have a bit of a tan, ate some great food and drink, as well as getting my Mom a little tipsy on the last day. (Love you Mom!)

Back in the wonderful W-I, it was a friend from college's bachelorette party which was a great time. We mostly stayed in Appleton, but spent some time in Green Bay as well, taking in some of the memories from undergrad and working there. Thank goodness we weren't driving during the party! We all enjoyed ourselves and it was great to see the bride-to-be. Waking up, surprisingly without a hangover, a friend and I went to our favorite college weekend breakfast place, Nicolet. It was also the SNC graduation, so we caught up with a few graduates-to-be. After that, I went back home, just to go back the next day.

Yes, I went back to the same location the next day. I really wanted to see one of my friends and former co-worker, but she was working at the time that I was there. I really wanted to see Star Trek (yeah, yeah, laugh and groan) and I convinced her to come along with me. I met her where I used to work, went to the movie (which was really good by the way), and then went out to the best sushi place EVER (still haven't found one in Chicago as good Koko's). Next, it was back to Margarita's to meet up with others to go bowling for another one of my buddy's going way bowling party. After that, the rest is history. So far, I have been very happy with my break and my life right now; I have received the highest GPA for this last semester that I have ever received in my college years, I have an assistantship to pay for a large amount of my tuition as well as getting paid for it too, and I have a great family that has been very supportive throughout my whole life. On to some more of break!



In case you are traveling as much I have recently, check out the Samsonite Black Label "Hero" designed my Alexander McQueen. This suitcase mimics the functionality of the ribcage to protect and preserve all of you vitals. With a price tag of at least $349 (yay for sales!), I will have to wait to purchase one for myself until the full-time work thing labeled as a job comes around. Ha ha, only a mere year away hopefully!



Photos courtesy of Samsonite Black Label. SBL by Alexander McQueen "Hero".

No comments: