6.24.2009

100th Blog Post!



There you are ladies and gents! If you have kept up with my blogging from the beginning, thank you and continue to read on, and if you are newer addition; welcome and I hope you obtain some knowledge as well as a chuckle from my life in the past 10 months, the present, and the future as a graduate student at UIC in the biomedical visualization program.


Now that I'm done with my little 100th-post celebration, I would like to talk about one of my newer fave artists who was saved for this special post. Plus, he also drew some medically-inspired art finally (well kinda)! Juan Fransisco Casas, 31, is a Spanish artist that works on huge photo-realistic works of are created and rendered with a blue Bic ballpoint pen. Trained as a traditional artist, he started doing these huge drawings 4 years ago as a joke to make something look like a photo but was far from it. It wasn't until he won 2nd place in a national art competition that he took these pieces seriously that he based on nights out with friends and sexuality. At the present, my new personal favorites are the ones above named Eating Vesalius and Licking Vesalius in ode to the tattoo first illustrated in Andreas Vesalius' book De Humani Corporis Fabrica. Check out more of Juan's art here! Now it is back to working on my thesis project proposal and Flash tutorials on Lynda.com!

Thanks again everyone!

Photo courtesy of juanfranciscocasas.com. Eating Vesalius (detail) and Licking Vesalius. Juan Fransisco Casas. Bic ballpoint pen. 2009.

2 comments:

Warren said...

Congrats on the milestone. Those pictures are amazing!

Lindsey said...

Thank you Warren! I love Juan's work, hope you checked out the rest on his website, just amazing.