6.19.2009

Letting it All Hang Out



The first week of our 8 week summer session is over and though I am trying to keep up with things the summer keeps on tempting me to relax, hang out, and to put it bluntly, just chill. I haven't quite stepped back into the class mode yet. It is nice in a way that our course load isn't that intense, so I still feel like I am in the clear.... I just don't want it to get out of hand, you know, since all of my weekends are already books for the entire duration. That will happen.

Though I say I have been a bum, I have:
  • Checked out artists that I admire for my advanced imaging techniques as well as choosing my scientific subjects to illustrate.
  • Taken my first Flash class and rewrote my crazy-messy notes (I swear, in the past month I forgot how to write.)
  • Gutted my room of unnecessary things that I don't want to move in less than a month.
  • Worked 16 hours and did my first tech help email and phone call. :D
  • Caught up with friends.
  • Watched Horton Hears a Who. (The animation is great and the humor is not just for kids.)
  • Worked on my online class, which thankfully has only one more week.
  • Talked with my thesis project committee chair and advisor about where I am going and what I have to do.
  • Went grocery shopping at my favorite cheap (but good) ghetto grocery store
  • Made a large amount of black bean salsa and chicken fajitas. (I missed having fresh produce.)
  • Sat and took in a wonderful summer storm.
So there, I can say I have done something with my life. One thing I'm glad I didn't do is what these little characters are up to. This anatomical imagery is from Tom Giesler, an illustrator and entrepreneur in the San Fransisco Bay area. His ties with the graphic design and medical devices industry, as well as his humor, can both be seen in these clean and simple illustrations, made to look anatomical charts. Take a look at his website as there are more anatomically-based images there!



Photo courtesy of tomgiesler.com. The spirit of sharing and Brimming with enthusiasm. Tom Giesler. 17 x 22", acrylic & digital, 2007.

No comments: