6.16.2009

Lazy Summer Days are Taking a Break


My summer is now officially temporarily over. Today was the first day of classes of the 8 week schedule that our Biomedical Visualization program requires. We started off with Surgical Orientation which will prepare us for Surgical Illustration in the fall. Mostly, it is about not using mechanical pencils since the lead can easily break and could possibly fly into a body cavity of an individual having surgery. Okay, that was only one part of today's intro lecture and there will be more to learn! After that, we talked about the expectations in the next class, Advanced Imaging Techniques. Three high-quality works, eight mere weeks. No big deal when there are other classes to worry about as well. :D What I will like about it is that we can choose exactly what we want to do, in any media we choose, and in any style. Now I just have to think about what I want to do....that can be a feat in itself. We finished early like usual on the first day and went home.

While on the walk to class this morning, I received a pleasant phone call to start the day off right. My application for my new apartment went through! I am so excited to be moving to Lincoln Park since I will be by the lake and a block away from the park. I will be smack-dab in the middle of an awesome community and I can't wait to explore it more. The only thing is that everyone works out like crazy there, hopefully that will kick me in the butt to get myself back in shape. Sitting in front of a computer working on projects doesn't maintain the greatest figure even though I wish it would.

Now back from my tangent. I couldn't wait to sign the lease so I went after a little bit of lunch. Thank goodness I brought an umbrella since on the way back it was downpouring. My intention was to go to the grocery store, but now that wasn't going to happen. Nope, not without a car in the city and waiting for public transportation with bags full of groceries trying to hold up an umbrella when it is windy enough for it to turn inside out. That's just a bad omen and I have enough of them the way it is. ;) Also, I already had to walk a little bit from the bus and the gladiator sandals that I was wearing get slippery on the sole when wet so I could barely walk since my foot was slipping forward in the sandal but it's strapped to my foot and it is a thong design. OUCH! I had to walk differently so they wouldn't hurt me but then it took me even longer to get home in the pouring, windy rain. Once again, learned my lesson. Oh the joys of life at times!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Your blog is more fun than APA formatting.