9.01.2009

And Finally.... My Interactive!


Now for the end of my summer work. What I put in the most time and effort into this summer was my Flash class. To say the least, the class started out rocky. I was not understanding the logistics of basic functioning for some reason. Then to make things worse, we were learning action script on top of that. There is something with coding that I just cannot wrap my head around sometimes. When the semester was coming to a close, I wasn't sure I was going to be able to deliver a fully-functional interactive and then, a week before it was due, everything finally clicked. After that, I was able to enjoy creating the interactive.

Our assignment was to create a health-based interactive on the subject of our choice. As you can see from the image of the interactive, I chose the effects of obesity on health. This little interactive comes equipped with rollovers explaining the effects of obesity on numerous organ systems for different stages of obesity. Furthermore, I created a BMI calculator so you can see where you are with your weight as well. The calculator took up the most time but it was the most rewarding part to make in my eyes. I am happy with how the completed interactive turned out with the artwork and its functionality. I made myself crack up numerous times when creating the silhouettes. I started with the normal weight image and manually pushed and pulled vertices to make "him" carry more weight. Yes, I did have to search for references to make the "men" accurate and somehow I didn't get sick though I was pretty grossed out at times. All in a day's work of a medical artist I say. To play with my interactive, please click HERE.

"Obesity and Your Health" Interactive. Lindsey Pionek. Adobe Illustrator and Flash. 2009.

No comments: