4.05.2009

Body Furniture



The body is rather beautiful and intricate. As a medical illustrator, I appreciate what our bodies can do and I make images beautiful, informational and appealing (at least I hope so). If you have some great self-esteem and a little bit of a geeky side, this is a piece of furniture for you. This lamp, created by Sture Pallarp from Sweden, enables you to add your own x-rays to display your medical history for you and your guests to see. A great way to use past x-rays and a great conversation piece! Learn how to make your own from scratch here.
Photo courtesy of www.gizmodo.com. Recycled X-Ray Lamp, Sture Pallarp.



If you want to go with something more than an accent piece, check out these anatomical chairs created by AK-LH aka Aksel et Le Helloco. This chair design has seven numbered limited editions. They have a few other anatomically-inspired designs as well. Check them out here!
Photo courtesy of www.ilovebadthings.com. Fauteuil Tante Wera Anatomical Art Chairs, AK-LH aka Aksel et Le Helloco.




Looking for more of a shock from your guests? Buy these creative (and a little creepy) bloody bath products. The Blood Bath shower curtain and bath mat are great complements to each other or can be bought separately and will for some reason, hold their own. I don't know what that could be! Pretty cool, but not quite my style. I think I would drive myself crazy with being paranoid if I bought and used these last two products.
Photo courtesy of www.spinninghat.com. Blood Bath bath mat and shower curtain.

Off to work on some 3D compositing!

1 comment:

Josy said...

Love the chairs, and as soon I actually get my hands on some x-rays, I know what I'll be doin'. :D