4.30.2009

My First Publication


Yep, that's right. My first medical illustration is officially published. I received my copy of the April 2009 Vol 44 #2 AANA Journal (American Association of Nurse Anesthetics) in the mail today. I am happy with the illustration focusing on the Triangle of Petit (AKA lumbar triangle) even though I did it without any formal training from a certified medical illustration program at the time. With that in mind, I can find flaws and I am finding ways that I could have done it much better if I created it now since I have almost a year of training under my belt. It just proves to me why this program is so beneficial. Nonetheless.... MY ILLUSTRATION AND NAME IS PUBLISHED! When the article is put online, I will post it, otherwise look for a hard copy!

Also, I went to a thesis project presentation for a fellow student yesterday to find out more. Her project involved the creation of an interactive providing size relationships with microscopic structures. The project is called Micro/Macro and she did a great job. I looked through the interactive site a week ago and thought it was great, however, during the presentation, she demonstrated all parts of the site even parts that I missed which impressed me even more. She created something complex, informative and spectacular and it provides a great resource to our field as well as provides me with even more inspiration and knowledge of creating my own thesis project.

No comments: