4.14.2009

Knotty Ad and Billboard



Another aspect for my graphic design assignment which was due last week. This time, we needed to create an ad and billboard pertaining to the subject chosen and make them cohesive. I wanted to play with typography in my ad and create a bold and eye-catching look. I really liked how that turned out, but then I had to figure out how to create a billboard since it is not advisable to have a lot of text on them.... for some reason. Ha ha. Therefore, I worked with a small part of the ad in tandem with a bold and interesting knot image. To make even more eye-catching, I chose to make the knot spill over the black typical billboard area. I like how it turned out and I think the class did too!

I am now in the process for the next assignment: package design. I like to choose things that are recognizable to everyone, so I chose a generic brand of clear bandages. It has been going well so far, but the bandages are transparent so I wanted to focus on that and make the package see-through and create an appealing design on that. However, there can be issues ahead when getting this printed at Kinko's for a comp instead of a high-quality printing company. I may be biting off more than I can chew, but I really like this problem-solving... I learn much better going through that process.

Ad and billboard design dealing with Crohn's Disease, Lindsey Pionek, InDesign and Photoshop, Spring 2009.

3 comments:

Josy said...

zomg your x-acto knife skills are teh awesome. srsly.

...I say "awesome" way too much on your blog, Lindsey. Stop being so aweso... fantastic.

Josy said...

I don't know if you've featured this Threadless tee or KNOT, but I thought of you.

http://www.threadless.com/product/515/Fig_02

Josy said...

...I just noticed it's no longer in print. But STILL.