4.09.2009

Jammin' at AMA



Today for Business Practices we had a field trip to the AMA, the American Medical Association. How awesome is this city to have the headquarters right here?! The building was beautiful and we learned a bit about the profession of medical illustration in the real world. Deadlines, deadlines, deadlines. Their journal, JAMA, is issued every week and the company does all images and graphs to be as cohesive, informative, and clear as possible. It was good to take a look at another option in the medical illustration field with an internship opportunity.



After talking about internship opportunities, it was off to my internship. I will be done at the National MS Society at the end of this week and though it will be good to have an extra 20 hours a week to do homework, I have gained valuable experience and feel great about what I have learned and I will miss the people that I have made connections with.

Photo courtesy of ama-assn.org and jama.ama-assn.org.

2 comments:

Car Lanka said...

Excellent explanation! Thanks!

Lindsey said...

You are welcome Aadhil, glad to help.