11.11.2008

The Fun and Surprises That Chicago Holds


Well, I bet you can tell what I went to see this weekend! Yep, and it was worth the inflated, almost-double-the-original-value price that we payed for them. If you have not seen this musical yet, SEE IT! It is based off the the book, "Wicked" by Gregory Maguire. I read his book prior and you should see the musical as well as read it.... they are incredibly different.

I tend to get emotional (I guess that just what "Feelers" do) when I see a spectacular performance or piece of art. Yeah, I cried not once, but several times during the performance.... for people who can't read "girl", that means that it was just amazing. Here I am crying silently during the show.... thank God (or hopefully....) no one saw me. They would have probably thought "What the Hell is wrong with this girl?" Oh well, I didn't care and I couldn't have stopped it if I tried.

So yeah, that wasn't the only fun thing I did. Needless to say, I had friends down and I couldn't disappoint, so no homework was done. But a lot of fun happened. Other than the play, we went up 97 floors and had a drink.... at 10 in the morning. I ordered the Cabin Fever thinking that it was hot-chocolate based.... oh no, straight alcohol. No wonder it said it warmed you right up. Oops, I was drunk before 11.

There are so many things to do here, it's ridiculous.... we went to the Field Museum (where I actually got hit on, seriously, you can't take me anywhere I guess), Navy Pier and shopping on State Street. Navy Pier was fun with all kinds of little things to do. One thing that was really fun was the Amazing Maze. My friend also noticed that at the IMAX they were playing "The Dark Knight" @ 11 that night. Though I already saw it and thought it was amazing, we all went again...... IT WAS THE BEST MOVIE EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I will never see that movie like that again. It felt like you were in the movie... amazing!

Well, now that weekend is over and done with but it was the best weekend I have had in Chicago to date. And so far, it's still going very well. Anatomy is in need of being studied (I just opened the book up tonight!), but as soon as I got back from lab, there was a letter from UIC to me. The first thing I thought was "Oh great, what did I forget to do now, or is there there STILL something else I have to fill out?" It was actually a congratulation letter for the Van Doren Scholarship that I applied for! Free money, that feels good.

See? Good things happen to those who are patient and can handle the lows in life. This weekend and monday proved that to me once again.

No comments: