11.05.2008

A Day to Remember

Though I know everyone will be talking about it and blogging about it tonight, I just have to. Congratulations to the new president-elect, Barack Obama. Though every presidential election makes the history books, this one is a gem for America and for me personally.

Though I was not able to vote, I know, I know, I don't want to hear it, let me explain....

Being a resident of Wisconsin and living in Chicago because of school, I had to request an absentee ballot. I did all that and well, my ballot came in the mail yesterday, the day before the damn election.... it had to be postmarked by 5pm that day, and being in class all day (Mondays are the days of Hell) well, it didn't happen. I was incredibly disappointed since I did my research and watched all the debates and everything. But really? What did I expect? This kinds of stuff happens all the time in my life. I voted in my heart; and thankfully Obama became the 44th and the 1st African-American president of the United States of America.

The City of Chicago was madness today and I am so proud to be in the city where the Obama family resided. There is so much joy going around that I feel so proud to be an American; we have gone so far in equality of the human race as a whole. However (and unfortunately), we do have a long way to go. One thing that really disappointed me was the people that were booing Obama when McCain gave his speech of "defeat". He's your new president, no matter what you do, so you will have to deal with it at least and stand for USA as a whole. Even McCain was not happy of his followers at that point and gave a very tasteful and rewarding speech. I give him great respect for that.

This has been a great and memorable week. Not only do we have a new president that I hope the best for, but with school as well, things have been working out for me. Surprisingly, the anatomy results came back, and once again I succeeded! Though it must have been on a curve, I did receive an "A" once again which some people were not happy about. Only one more to go. I also had a critique today for Anatomical Visualization (I will show the stuff tomorrow) that went well. I am going to celebrate this feeling of success while it lasts.... you will know when it goes down. LOL

PS: Well, my sleeping on my books for a week before the exam worked again! It's worth a try people!

No comments: