11.03.2008

The Quest for the Freshwater Dolphin


Yes, you may have heard of them, the freshwater dolphins. I have to admit, there are such things as freshwater dolphins, just not in Lake Michigan! This whole blog is for one of my roommates who I swear is obsessed with the idea of these "fantasy" creatures leaping just right of the coast (if you can call it that) of downtown Chicago. Though I would love it (I don't have one tattooed on me for nothing), I'm sorry my dear. I just don't think bottle-nosed dolphins made it up the Mississippi River to some other tributary and ended up in Lake Michigan and on their travels mutated to adapt from salt to fresh waters. But go ahead and create substitute lyrics to Enya's (I'm sorry I shunned you, never should have) "Only Time" to a "Save the Dolphins in Lake Michigan". Go ahead and earn some money for the cause.

We do have dolphins in Chicago though!

;) I live an interesting life with interesting people all around me. LOVE IT! ;)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Crazy. There ARE fresh water dolphins and one day you will see one leap out of ol' lake Michigan and come find me and I will say to you "I told you so."