11.02.2008

"Happy" Halloween



Going into my 2nd anatomy exam in grad school, I felt pretty confident. I was well-studied......well that was what I thought. Needless to say, the professor handed our butts to us and said "TREAT"! It was not the "big picture" like it was drilled in our heads. The 2 days that we spent on the nervous system was about 1/3 of the entire test and it was no "big picture", but more like detail city. I didn't feel like drinking and going out before the exam, but afterwards was a different story. Also, some of the costumes were amusing during the test. One individual dressed up as a uterus (ovaries and all), the "Pathetic Chain Gang" in homage to the sympathetic ganglionic chain, and one of our professors had on a black halo with a wand-like thing....I'm thinking the Angel of Darkness? How appropriate would that have been since our whole class felt like we were doomed of not even doing okay on this exam.

Halloween night was quite interesting as well. Now having the ambition of going out, we had plans to go to Boys Town. Wow, the costumes where amazing and showy to say the least! Not gonna lie, I loved it! The whole night was entertaining. For one, one of our fellow female classmates dresses up as a StudFinder and was harassing every gay man that passed. Some liked it and played along (look at her literally spanking Mickey Mouse above) and others would run away screaming "I'm Gay!" as she would be chasing them. So random, yet so fantastic!

For the record people, I am straight, but I have the most fun in gay bars, I don't know what it is. It must be the atmosphere and the open-minded people that just make me feel free and not have to act differently around. I had a blast which was awesome since I haven't had one of those days in some time. Plus, almost all of us in our group were feeling good, so that helps! However, this guy was bizarre. I don't think he was gay since he wanted me and another girl to kiss, but what I really don't understand it was in the fascination with guys dressing like girls all the time? I can understand Drag Queens, but seriously dude?



Another interesting thing.... I saw someone that I knew from Undergrad walking down the street as we were walking to a get a cab. I would have never thought so see someone I knew from going to school in WI. Also, one of my buds in the same program was friends with someone I went to Undergrad with as well! I guess I do have connections that can travel from state-to-state!

No comments: