11.06.2008

I Have a Little Black Rain Cloud Named Loans

Oh, what a day. Well from going to the financial aid office twice in one way to figure out everything with my debacle yesterday, I think I have it under control once and for all, but again, that's what I thought before. The private loan company from which I had the canceled loan took my money not once, but twice, in two different locations..... grrrrr. But on the lighter side, I FINALLY had a very nice and polite lady that didn't make me feel like I should not be in grad school and actually helped me, so that was nice. You don't get a lot of that here.

Today was all about fixing things from the numerous situations yesterday. Well, I succeeded all of that and accomplished more. Though I still have a lot to do, I feel relieved and accomplished at the moment. Also, I had a great dinner with one of my guy-friends that I went to undergrad with that lives in Chicago. It was a Chinese restaurant with massive portions, I mean MASSIVE. He let me take all the left overs home so I won't have to cook for like a week, and he wouldn't let me pay. :D I like people with jobs, but most of all I like guys just to hang out with and not expect anymore than that.... it was relieving.

So now that things are better for the moment, it's time for my website redesign to be shown off. Our project was to find a medical-based website that was poorly designed and give it a facelift. I chose the Michigan Avenue Immediate Care, an urgent care downtown that I actually went to. Their services and staff were great, but you can't tell that from the website. I didn't want to go there initially because of the poor design, but I didn't have much of a choice so I went and was pleasantly surprised. If only their website looked better, just think of how that would benefit their practice!

We had to design two mock-ups and here are mine:
Note: They are not the final redesigns!




I am definitely going into the Ad/Web design field. I always get so into the projects and I like to experiment with the different aspects of design and Photoshop and Illustrator make that so much easier to do! I just need to figure out now how to make something look something like above, but with HTML and CSS! That's my project for tomorrow before the fun of the weekend begins..... :D

No comments: