11.28.2008

Happy Thanksgiving Vacation!


Well ladies and gentlemen..... I have done exactly what people (other than people in Grad school) on vacation should do.... veg. I have really done just about nothing during my Thanksgiving vacation and it feels good. For example, I went to bed last night around 11:30 and woke up at 12:30 the next day. It felt sooooo gooooooood. :D I guess it made sense though since the night before thanksgiving I went out with some buds from high school to a bar in my hometown and it was just about a high school reunion. It was nice to see everyone though, so I stayed until bar close. However, there were 2 guys that were definetely interested in me there that I did not go to high school with that would not leave me alone.


One was a cousin of a friend, but so no interested since he was so drunk that he started talking about Girl Scout Cookies and farting, after that I was even more disinterested than I was at the beginning of the night.... I later found out that he wanted me to drive him home (which didn't happen) and he puked when someone else was. I'm back at home....


The other guy was a creepster. I mean Total old man creepster. No one knew who he was, but he just kept starting at me the whole night... I mean I was there for 4 hours and I'm not exaggerating... the whole damn night. I wasn't even wearing anything spectacular, I was dressed down from when I ususally go out. My guy friends said to me "Yeah, that's dressed down in Chicago, remember you are back home in Almond." Yeah, I guess, I sometimes forget about that. Plus, when he would walk past me he would let out a "woo-hoo". Yeah, that would get my attention in a good way, buddy, good job. You can tell that he didn't learn anything about treating girls in his 50 years of experience....gross.


At bar close, one of my fave guy-friends finally got home and wanted to hang out. He ended up coming over to my place, and with a bottle of Kesslers and Mountain Dew we talked the night away, literally. He left at 6:30 AM. We could already see the trucks filled with deer hunters on their way out to start the day and we were just about ready to end ours. It was a great get-together and I miss hanging out with him, as well as some of the other guys from my hometown.


ps: can you tell I'm from the middle of nowhere, WI? Wouldn't have thought that I was from this did you? :D


Another reason I'm being a bum is that I forgot my charger for my laptop in the living room in our apartment in Chicago. I forgot to pack it. Therefore, I can't work on my website like I wanted to.....awesome job, Lindsey. So we will see how much I will actually get done in the day before it needs to have at least 50% of it done.... When my fam is home, my Mom pours me a glass of wine and it tastes so good that I have to have more.... My last name doesn't mean "drunken" in Polish for nothing!


Oh well, everything will be fine next week. I'm not worried, though I should be. Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful for what you have and what you have done, and I have many things to be thankful for. I could not have been where I am or the person I am today without the help of others. Thank you all and have a fabulous rest of the vacation!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

shoot, we're supposed to have 50% of our website DONE by monday?? oh crap. sad i have to read your blog to learn when our homework is due... how did i miss that??