1.12.2009

Better Listen, It's Back to School Time!


Well first day back and I am already overwhelmed! My theory didn't work in the manner that classes wouldn't be that involved today, we jumped right in! My first class of second semester was 3D Model Design with Rosie Seelaus, an anaplastologist that works here at the UIC Medical Center. Her work is very impressive as it helps people that have facial defects have more normal lives. Though the whole 3D art isn't my specialty, I think her job is special in the way that she creates functional art for people that are so appreciative of what she does for them... most of them at least. It must be so rewarding.

Anyway, we have to create an ear, yes an ear, and make it match our partner's other ear. She showed us the process already and we have to do it ourselves sometime this week. Should be interesting. We will see how it goes.

I was just googling ear art to see if there were any interesting images of anaplastology of the ear, but instead, I found some awesome body art. A skull on the antehelix of the ear! I wonder if she would like if I added a tattoo like this one! (courtesy of http://www.foundshit.com/skull-ear-tattoo/)

Later today we had our first class of computer visualization as well. I just found out that we have class on Friday for that.... oh no, I have an obligation to my internship on Fridays....crap. We worked it out though. I will talk more about this class on Friday!

1 comment:

Josy said...

::laughs:: Oh man. One of the best tattoos EVER.

Have you submitted it to Street Anatomy?