1.30.2009

My 23rd Birthday Week


Yep, this past week (Wednesday) was my 23rd birthday. Though it was fun, I'm glad it is over. It was a definite lack-of-sleep week. I had so much to get done (which I actually did finish everything!) and needed some time to have fun. One of my friends from undergrad that lives in the suburbs and took me out without me know where we were going. We ended up going to Duffy's and after I was done with work for the day and ate and then others people that I met a few weeks ago showed up too. There was this deal that Amanda had that we could all drink beer for free for the first two hours and then only pay a dollar each after that. I think we all took pretty good advantage of that deal. There was also an 80s cover band later that was awesome that we had a lot of fun dancing to. I was feeling good that night and it was awesome to not worry about schoolwork for one night. Work all day the next day was a different story.... VERY TIRED, but I made it. Seriously, Thursdays have to change, I can't die at work every week.

Well this weekend was the beginning of public transportation issues once again. I knew that it was coming! Friday after I was done with work, I went to the BVIS computer lab since I had to work on this hemostat 3D Studio Max assignment since I was going to Milwaukee for the weekend. I accomplished quite a bit from the last time, but still was unable to finish. Anyway, at 11 PM, UIC has this opprotunity to take a free taxi service to our apartment. I have used it before and was pleased, but this was different. There was a guy receptionist (or whatever you want to call him) and he was the most rude individual I never want to meet. He seriously hung up on me and then when I called back he said that there was one cab so it could be awhile and then I asked how many stops the cab already had to take. He had no idea....HOW CAN YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE ASSIGNING THE CABBIE TO PICK PEOPLE UP?! I was a little bit appalled, obviously, and then he said, and I quote. "so do you want it or not?" Yeah! I wouldn't be calling if I didn't. I don't quite want to walk around later at night with my most expensive investment in a bag on my back. Well after waiting, we ended up calling a cab and right when the taxi showed up, we see the UIC bus go by.....AAARRGG!

When we got out of the cab from our 4 minute ride, we heard loud thumping music. Being tired from running on "E" for about a week, I just had to say "COME ON!" The boys upstairs were having another party with the door wide open with stupid girls with high heels on the tile floor upstairs. Usually I can handle it, but I was just incredibly annoyed with the whole situation and I was exhausted and wanted to get some sleep for once. After going up there after an hour, they shut up and I was able to sleep after packing for the next day. Note to self: pick an apartment where there is no one above you.

Phew, this is a lot to write about! Continued tomorrow!

No comments: