1.14.2009

Illustration Techniques and Graphic Design


Day 2 of my second semester at UIC for my masters in Biomedical Visualization. Another full day, but great. In the morning we had John Daugherty's Illustration Techniques and he showed us all his portfolio through his career as a medical illustrator. His work and style is quite impressive! He even talked about some good approaches pertaining to rights of your artwork that you create. It was a very nice first day with him and it was entertaining hearing about his experiences throughout his years as an artist.

Next was Donna Hughes with our Graphic Design class. She is another successful and career-driven professor that we have. Not one just does teaching; it is incredible how they can balance all that they do. Donna has her own graphic design company and through tooling around on her site, I was quite impressed. She also designed Daugherty's portfolio site!

Though our professors ask quite a bit from us, I know it will benefit us all if we put the time and effort into it. I will have to keep telling myself that throughout my time here, though I love being here and learning the most that I can. I will come back to the specialties of my professors later!

Photo courtesy of Highlight Studios. Daugherty, John. Head and Neck Arteries

No comments: