1.22.2009

What a Fantastic Few Days!


I have to tell you, I have been busy doing things other than homework for the past 3 days and it has been awesome. My boyfriend came down on Sunday night and left this morning after dropping me off at my internship. It was so good to see him and he just makes me feel so comfortable. We can seriously do nothing and still have a blast doing it. We met some new people, seen some new places, and ate and drank some good food and drink in the Chicago area. Our relationship has had a total turn-around and though we do have some stupid little spats (mostly about his Blackberry obsession and clumsiness [he loves to dump red wine]), we make up and appreciate what we do for each other. I'm in love, that's all I have to say. He left to go back home and I didn't want him to even though school work is creeping up on me again. Meh, I did a lot before he came up so now I just have to get back on track, it's do-able. I also have a lack of sleep from staying out too late last night and then having to wake up early and work all day... it was so worth it though.

Talking about the internship.... I HAVE SO MUCH TO DO! One of our deadlines was moved up a month so instead of a month and two weeks to change things over, it has to be done in two weeks! Talk about pressure on top of school! Oh well, this too is a good experience since life as a graphic designer and illustrator is all about deadlines. Just hopefully we will make it as well as all of the other deadlines.

Since me and the boyfriend used a lot of public transportation in the past 3 days (not too many issues though for once), I wanted to find some anatomically-inspired art pertaining to the bus and train lines. Success! I found this "Follow It - Metropolitan Cardiac Authority" t-shirt on Threadless, a website that is based around t-shirt designs created and rated by the public. I love the creativity of the design as well as the wording. Too bad the designer doesn't have any description about his or herself, I would love to know more about them and their background. I'm so purchasing this shirt; it is only $15. Maybe I should submit some of my work on that site too!

Photo courtesy from Threadless.com. "Follow It" t-shirt design by j.p.

1 comment:

Josy said...

Aaahahahaha! I saw that shirt on Threadless last week and had to seriously restrain myself. I was kind of surprised--they've actually got a fair number of anatomical (-ly inaccurate but so very cool) designs!