1.10.2009

My First Internship

Sorry I have been slacking a bit, but I have been quite busy this past week. I am back in Chicago, THANK GOODNESS! I love my family and my hometown, but I can only take so much of the middle of nowhere. I started my internship this week at the National Multiple Sclerosis Society - Greater Illinois Chapter as a Web and Graphics Intern downtown.


NMSS Public Service Announcement

Though I am only in my first week, I enjoy the people I work with and love working for something that means something to me, though the experience is quite the perk too! I have my own little cubicle as well; it's neat to actually see what I will be able to participate in when I finish my graduate degree. I don't know what I was expecting on my first day, but we had a meeting and I was tossed into an assignment right away working towards transition of their web site and doing revisions of certain pages. They have been keeping me busy, but I love it! I would rather be busy at work and applying my skills than running around and getting coffee and lunch for co-workers.

It's been great so far, can't complain at all! Hopefully I will be able to balance work and classes. I have done it before in undergrad with 20 credits and 2 jobs at the same time, so it looks bright ahead! Stay posted!

No comments: