1.25.2009

Tiredness and Typography



I knew it was going to be difficult balancing an internship and classes in grad school, but I didn't think it would be this hard this fast! I usually work better under stress, but I need to transition into it. During winter break I just vegged out for the most part and enjoyed being a bum since I haven't actually had a break without a job for years. Now, assignments are already meeting their deadlines and my internship is definitely giving me enough experience! I'm only going into my 3rd week and overwhelmed. Friday was interesting; listen to this:

Friday morning I went into work at 8:30 AM since Illustration Techniques was canceled to get a few more hours in. I was already tired and was almost late because I could not sleep on Thursday night for some reason even though I was exhausted from the night and day before. I was at work until noon when I had to go to my Computer Visualization class. I had lunch during class and then at 2:30 class ended and I was off to catch the bus AGAIN to take me back to work. Got there at 3 and was expecting to stay until around 6...... it was actually more like 9! ON A FRIDAY! I definitely obtained more than 20 hours this week! Then it was off to a SAMA meeting/party (actually entirely party) in Ukranian Village. I was starving, cold, and tired when I got there, but it was a good time. We left "early" though, but it still took about 45 minutes to get home on public transportation. Phew! See what I mean? Just about every day is now like that for me, even the weekends since I have to play catch-up. I have to keep telling myself that this will pay off. :D

I worked on my assignment for my Graphic Design class and it is all about type as a compositional element. So, in honor making art out of type, I have an interesting t-shirt design with everyone's favorite font - Comic Sans. Yep, that is a heart made entirely out of letters. That had to have taken some time to create; it took me long enough to work on my own little assignment for class and I didn't create any figures out of my type! The shirt is only $22 from Veer, it may be another one worth purchasing!

Well off to attempt going to bed.....the boys are having another party upstairs so we will see how it goes... I don't think I'm supposed to take the time to sleep, it just never works out. And they are singing to Dave Matthews (hate, hate, HATE DAVE!) Grrrrr....zzzzz

Photo courtesy from veer.com Comic Sans Love t shirt.

No comments: