1.27.2009

Determination



de·ter·mi·na·tion
Pronunciation:\di-ˌtər-mə-ˈnā-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1 a: a judicial decision settling and ending a controversy b: the resolving of a question by argument or reasoning
2
archaic : termination
3 a
: the act of deciding definitely and firmly ; also : the result of such an act of decision b: firm or fixed intention to achieve a desired end determination>
4: a fixing or finding of the position, magnitude, value, or character of something: as a: the act, process, or result of an accurate measurement b: an identification of the taxonomic position of a plant or animal
5 a: the definition of a concept in logic by its essential constituents b: the addition of a differentia to a concept to limit its denotation
6
: direction or tendency to a certain end : impulsion

7
: the fixation of the destiny of undifferentiated embryonic tissue
From Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

The last definition is actually surprising; I didn't know that. Determination: that is what this week has been based on. I have had so much to do: 2 typography projects for Graphic Design, 2 tutorials (and another one by Friday) for Computer Visualization, a traditional inking and digital inking assignment as well as preliminary sketches for Illustration Techniques, and reading for Buisiness Practices. I am almost finished with everything which is good, but I have been working my little tail off to get it all done and done well. I'm assuming this is how it will be for the rest of the semester, but I don't mind being busy too much. Plus I'm going to Milwaukee this weekend to meet in the middle to see my family, so that will be nice, but I won't be doing much school work. This is just how grad school is, but I am learning so much, I love it!

So today we were working in 3D Studio Max and we had to do tutorials for making red blood cells and a syringe. I finished them yesterday, but did some tweaking to make them transparent and more pretty. I think they turned out pretty good, since just before this I made my poor, pitiful rocket. I may have to put the software on my computer though, I think I would do so much more playing and getting to know the program instead of going to the lab all the time. We will see.

Plus, I don't know if any of you actually have noticed (you'll know if you go back a bit), but not much has been going wrong lately other than being overwhelmed with stuff a couple of days ago..... hopefully it stays that way. The only thing that really annoys and frustrates me is when people butt into conversations where they are not involved and finish my sentences when I am fully capable of answering a question presented to ME, not you. Well now that I got that out, nothing else is wrong. :D

RBCs and Syringe in 3D Studio Max. Lindsey Pionek

No comments: