2.24.2009

3D Max Mania!


Everyone in our 3D Max (aka Computer Visualization) class is on the rush to get our instruments completed by critique on Friday. Seriously, everyone is scrambling to obtain their ray-traced reflections and realistic textures on their (hopefully) modeled tools. Our poor professor seemed very tired by the end of class today going from person to person to answer a plethora of questions. Thank goodness I am almost done with my instrument and I'm pretty proud of it. I can't believe how real you can get objects to look! Hope your excited to see the finished product, I know I am!

The syringe above is the one that I modeled previously and was a mini-project coaxing us into the shallow end of the huge pool of texturing. Texturing is all about making things shiny, realistic, have labels, bumpy, whatever you put your mind to. Modeling is the planning and frustrating part as of now and texturing is more experimental and well, more enjoyable to say the least. I know I will go back to it and improve more, but for now, it is suitable to post; it already took me 2 weeks to post this!

You know how it goes, busy, busy, busy but learning so many techniques and programs to benefit our career. It seems like a good deal to me, I still miss having the time/money to go out on the weekends regularily..... missing some of my undergrad experience, but UIC's BVIS program seems like it will be worth it!

"Syringe," Lindsey Pionek, 3D Studio Max.

No comments: