2.18.2009

The Mac is Awesome


Even though we all may have argument on which computer system is superior, which I don't think there is just one computer that will be necessary for everyone, I do have to say Mac has it going on. Why do I bring this up you say? Being an aspiring graphic artist, of course you would expect me to say I'm a Mac person. However, I wasn't a year ago. The Mac is user-friendly and designed well. Sure, but you are probably thinking why would medicine be interested in Mac?

Well there is Osirix, a computerized medical imaging tool which can only be downloaded on Mac, that should say enough. If you need a little more convincing, you have to check out what the company Modality has been up to. I found a video on the Apple startpage with this company, which creates digital learning materials with a focus on the sciences at the time. I think having the potential to download learning materials on something that you carry around with you all the time (ie the Ipod) would be a great facet to the learning process. It is also more portable than a massive textbook, and when you have to travel via public transportation, it can give you extra time to learn that is otherwise wasted.

Who knows what the future will hold with the use of digital technology? I don't, but the whole world is ahead and I'm excited to see what I can do with my career in biomedical visualization.

Ok, off to do some 3D Modeling research before going to bed to go to my internship tomorrow!

Photo courtesy of iLounge.com. Modality Learning Tool (Frank Netter) on iPhone.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Lindsey! Check us out on Facebook (search for Modality, Inc.). If you have an iPhone or an iPod touch there's a survey to fill out and we'll hook you up with a free app.

Good luck in school and thanks again for the support!