2.27.2009

Test Your Reflexes....


with these handy dandy reflex hammers! Look real? They're not! I actually modeled and rendered this little piece of equipment in 3Ds Max. When I finally got the hang of it (a couple times of starting over to get it just right), the modeling did not take long. I enjoyed this assignment for the most part, but my favorite was the texturing and playing with reflections, plus it made the most sense to me. I even added a fingerprint! I tidied up the situation a bit from the critique and created more of an appealing composition without overdoing it too much. All in all, I'm impressed by what Max can do... and this is just the beginning!

I'm pretty amazed by what my classmates have done as well. Some of them chose some really complex tools and I don't know how they were able to complete the assignment for some of them. I give them great respect for taking up the challenge. Check out 2 of my fellow classmate's blogs where they show their work: Josy and Annie.

Unfortunately, I was unable to see everyone's since I had to leave for my internship. It was good though, I have been learning so much from putting files on ours and other companies FTP sites by using FileZilla (so helpful!) for print as well as creating zip files and making sure that all the elements of a document are included. It may sound simple to you experts out there, but remember when you first were introduced to all that. I have to admit, this whole process is very humbling but I am blessed to having very patient and helpful people above me in the marketing department. I guess it is better to learn it now than later when I am actually in a full-time position.

2 comments:

Josy said...

I still like your thumbprint. :D

I'm also very, very happy that I can see your TOTALLY AWESOME rubber texture.


P.S. Thanks for the linkage! :)

Amber Nicole said...

that is really nice linds! you did a great job.