2.18.2009

Sexy Cecum



Here is my finished digital pen & ink illustration for my Illustration Techniques class with John Daugherty. Our assignment was to create an anatomical illustration using the pen & ink technique of something cylindrical in shape. I wanted to do the tracheobronchial tree, but I got wind of plenty of fellow students doing the same thing and I wanted to do something different. When I was doing research for my graphic design class about Crohn's Disease, and this little area of the body showed up (aka ileocecal junction), so I thought I would correlate it, why not?

I have to tell you, THIS MAY LOOK SIMPLE, BUT YOU ARE OH SO WRONG! I spent quite some time on this little guy by just trying to figure out how to make constant lines using the Wacom stylus and then figuring out how to do what I wanted and make it look nice. I think I did that, I guess I will find out during critiques on Friday.

Otherwise, Valentine's weekend was great, but now he's gone for a bit, but I can't complain much because now I have to get stuff done! Plus, Business Practices was cancelled for tomorrow so no class, therefore I am planning on going to my internship all day tomorrow and Thursday and get my 20 hours in so I don't have to go in on Friday..... this should be an interesting feat.....

Ileocecal Juncion. Lindsey Pionek. Wacom Tablet and Adobe Illustrator.

2 comments:

Josy said...

That IS a sexy cecum. I'm particularly enamored by your ileocecal valve. And the orifice for your appendix! It's just too damn hot.

Heidi said...

i hate you and your perfect lines.